H2O Racing
Union Internationale Motonautique

NEWS

July 1, 2017
BAD WEATHER AND SEVERE CONDITIONS ON LAC LEMAN PUT STOP TO BRM QUALIFYING
F1H2O

Saturday, 1 July, EVIAN (France): The persistent bad weather and severe conditions on Lac Leman forced the hand of UIM Race Officials to cancel today’s scheduled BRM Official Qualifying at this weekend's UIM F1H2O Grand Prix of France. “It has been a very difficult day for everyone. We are here to race but the weather has again beaten us and as a result we have been forced to cancel qualifying,” said UIM Commissioner, Luis Ribeiro. “All we can do is watch, wait and adapt our schedule accordingly. Today is has not been possible to put any boats on the water because the conditions are so changeable and at times very severe. The drivers’ safety is our priority and there was no option other than to cancel.”

 

“We expect the wind to start to drop later today and continue to ease throughout the night. But on a lake this size even if the wind calms the waves can remain for quite some time. The plan for tomorrow as it stands now is hold a one hour practice session followed by a short break to allow teams to make any adjustments, change engines, then run a one hour qualifying session with all boats out on the water with all times to count towards the final starting classification.”

  

The revised timings for Sunday’s activities will be confirmed by Luis Ribeiro at the driver’s briefing in the morning at 08.00hrs.

 

Sunday 2 July - Provisional Timings

08.45/09.45 - Practice

10.15/11.15 - BRM Qualifying

15.00/16.00 - F1H2O Grand Prix of France

 

 

 

-->